Saturday, July 27, 2013

Another "Down & Dirty" sewing project...

I found this adorable hat at the 99¢ store, only problem was the dang thing wouldn't stay on my head. No worries, I've got a remedy for that problem and it involves my trusty sewing machine, Sew (pronounced "Sue").

I made some lovely ties from some fabric scraps and attached them to the hat. Pretty easy! It probably would have looked even nicer if I weren't too lazy to change Sew's thread. I could still add some embellishment to cover the stitches. I tried to make a matching band but the hat is too slopey so I took the lazy way and just covered the stitches with some white paint. It looks fine, you guys.
plain hat. looks good on Pooh though.

scrap of fabric folded wrong side out, pinned and pressed

straight stitch along the edge, then diagonal at the end for a fancy point

turn out and pinned to the inside edge of the brim
then stitched into place



looking good, Pooh!

No comments:

Post a Comment